-
September 26th, 2001, 01:16 AM
#11
Inactive Member
ok...and this one too...I think I like this thread *S*
Doctors have come from distant cities
Just to see me
Stand over my bed, they're disbelieving, what they're seeing
They say I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation
And as far as they can see they can offer no explanation
Newspapers ask such intimate questions
They want confessions
Reach into my head they try to steal the glory, of my story
They say I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation
And as far as they can see they can offer no explanation
I believe
Fate smiled down and Destiny laughed as she came to my cradle, "know this child will be able"
And laughed as my body, she lifted, "know this child will be gifted"
With love, with patience and with faith she'll make her way
People see me
I'm a challenge to your balance
I'm over your heads, how I confound you and astound you
To know that I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation
And as far as you see you can offer no explanation
I believe Fate smiled down and Destiny laughed as she came to my cradle, "know this child will be able"
And laughed as my body, she lifted "know this child will be gifted"
And laughed as she came to my mother "know this child will not suffer"
With love, with patience and with faith she'll make her way
------------------
-
September 29th, 2001, 05:16 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I'm a tree that grows hearts
One for each that you take
You're the intruder hand
I'm the branch that you break
------------------
how did i get so far gone?
where do i belong?
where in the world did i ever go wrong?
-
September 29th, 2001, 07:34 PM
#13
Inactive Member
minnow! i can't guess!! tell me! tell me!
*jumping up 'n down impatiently*
------------------
[This message has been edited by Sniffer (edited September 29, 2001).]
-
September 29th, 2001, 07:47 PM
#14
Inactive Member
ok sniffer *L*
The first one is by Vonda Shepard entitled "Souvenir" and the second one is called "Wonder" by Natalie Merchant *S*
love em both *S*
------------------
-
October 1st, 2001, 02:10 PM
#15
Inactive Member
If I could reach the stars, I'd pull one down for you
Shine it on my heart, so you could see the truth
That this love I have inside, is everything it seems
But for now I find, it's only in my dreams
That I can change the world
I would be the sunlight in your universe
You would think my love was really something good
Baby, if I could, change the world
If I could be king, even for a day
I'd take you as my queen, I'd have it no other way
And our love will rule, in this kingdom we have made
Till then I'd be a fool, wishin' for the day
That I can change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
Baby if I could change the world.
I could change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
Baby if I could change the world.
Baby if I could change the world.
------------------
-
October 1st, 2001, 04:43 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Hmmmmm...An Eric Clapton tune?..If I could change the world...*G
It was a cold day for September", was all I thought to say
When I saw you on the street the other day
Something's changed between us, all the talk we made was small
What do you say to someone when they've heard you say it all?
It's an awkward conversation, in a most peculiar way...
How did we get from saying "I love you" to "I'll see you around someday"
Seems like only days ago, we had so much to say
We'd take it all for granted, then it all gets thrown away
"It calls for rain this afternoon", she finally replied
There was a stuttering silence, that I felt my mouth go dry
So we'll talk about the weather, cause there's not much else to say...
Has all the ice been broken,
all our surfaces been scratched
Have all our words been broken,
have we finally met our match?
How did we get from saying "I love you" to "I'll see you around someday"
------------------
BITCH!..Its not only an insult...Its a way of life.
-
October 1st, 2001, 04:49 PM
#17
Inactive Member
LOVE THIS SONG..*sigh
If I'd known the way that this would end
If I'd read the last page first
If I'd had the strength to walk away
If I'd known how this would hurt
I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I'd loved you anyway
It's bittersweet to look back now
At mem'ries withered on the vine
But just to hold you close to me
For a moment in time
I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I'd loved you anyway
And even if I'd seen it coming
You'd still've seen me running
Straight into your arms
I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I would've loved you anyway
I would've loved you anyway
------------------
BITCH!..Its not only an insult...Its a way of life.
-
October 1st, 2001, 05:39 PM
#18
Inactive Member
yep....Eric Clapton, Change the World *S*
------------------
-
October 1st, 2001, 06:32 PM
#19
Inactive Member
ooooooohhhh....heidi...i love that song too.
it makes a city girl like me a little "country"
joke*L...but the song is nice..thanx for posting it*S
------------------
A life of reaction is a life of slavery,intellectually and spiritually.
One must fight for a life of action,not reaction.
-
October 1st, 2001, 08:17 PM
#20
HB Forum Owner
<TABLE style="FILTER: glow(color=purple strength=1)"><font size="4">I have a tale to tell
Sometimes it gets so hard to hide it well
I was not ready for the fall
Too blind to see the writing on the wall
A man can tell a thousand lies
I've learned my lesson well
Hope I live to tell
The secret I have learned, 'till then
It will burn inside of me
I know where beauty lives
I've seen it once, I know the warm she gives
The light that you could never see
It shines inside, you can't take that from me
The truth is never far behind
You kept it hidden well
If I live to tell
The secret I knew then
Will I ever have the chance again
If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How would they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How will they hear
When will they learn
How will they know</font></table>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks